Located at 1640 Flatbush Avenue, plans for a new 145-foot-tall and 13-story mixed-use building to be designed by S9 Architecture and developed by SL Green Realty Corporation are now heading to the city for approval. Just a short walk from Brooklyn College, the new structure would have 115,056 square feet of new space, with 114 residential units. About thirty percent will be affordable, totaling 34, and the remaining 80 will let for market rates. Retail opportunity will be on the first two floors taking nearly 30,000 square feet.
Permits have been filed for a seven-story mixed-use building at 83-12 Broadway in Elmhurst, Queens. The site is three blocks from the Elmhurst Avenue subway station, serviced by the E, M, and R trains. Howard C. Haider Jr., trustee of the Haider Family Trust, will be responsible for the development.
Construction is now underway on a sprawling mixed-use development in Jamaica, Queens, designed by architects Edelman Sultan Knox Wood for a multi-agency development team, and Omni New York. Located between Jamaica and Archer Avenues at 92-23 168th Street, the project will debut as “Archer Green” and incorporate residential, retail, commercial, and parking areas.
Whether driving out from the Holland Tunnel, or taking I-78 East or Route 9 into Jersey City, the sight of Journal Squared, designed by HWKN/Hollwich Kushner and Handel Architects and developed by Kushner Real Estate Development, is hard to miss from the highways. Perched on the high hills above the PATH train station to the west of the downtown district, the views and sights of both Jersey City and Manhattan are unbeatable from the top floors. For the past couple of months, work has significantly geared up on the second phase of the complex, which will imminently yield a 72-story residential tower standing 759 feet.
Marin Architects has revealed potential plans to expand and convert a century-old commercial building located in a buzzing corner of Washington Heights, Manhattan. Formerly known as the Jumel Building, the structure was originally completed in 1911 by famed American entrepreneur Frank W. Woolworth.