The curved dome atop 44 Union Square, the former headquarters of Tammany Hall, is structurally completed and the geometric glass panels that enclose the lattice frame are beginning to be installed. The renovation is designed by BKSK Architects and developed by Edifice Real Estate Partners. CNY Group is in charge of construction on the historic, 90-year-old landmarked structure, which is being expanded to 70,348 square feet. Two new floors will be housed beneath the dome and receive abundant natural daylight. Reading International (RDI), who purchased the building eighteen years ago, helped to advance the project thanks a $57.5 million construction loan they secured from Bank of Ozarks and Fisher Brothers.
New York Landmark Preservation Commission
Alloy Development has officially launched sales at 168 Plymouth Street following the transformation and redevelopment of two aging industrial buildings in the heart of the DUMBO Historic District. The new property contains a collection of 46 residences that draw clear influence from the area’s industrial past.
With proposals to construct a new school within The Grand Concourse Historic District of The Bronx,Partners for Architecture will soon appear before the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission. Known as The American Dream School, the building would rise five stories and comprise approximately 33,173 square feet.
Proposals from the Francesca Russo Architect design team reveal plans to modernize exterior elements of an aging Greek Revival-style building at 5 West 16th Street. Located near Union Square Park, the building was originally completed in 1846 as a private residence. The home was later designated an official city landmark by the Landmarks Preservation Commission in June 1986.
To construct a rooftop addition at 11 Bond Street in Manhattan’s NoHo Historic District, Marin Architects will appear before the city’s Landmark Preservation Commission with updated proposals. The Colonial Revival building, also referred to as 348 Lafayette Street, was originally completed in 1913 by architects Elisha H. Janes and August W. Cordes.