The new dome addition atop 44 Union Square, the former headquarters of Tammany Hall, is now fully enclosed in glass. The renovation and addition project is designed by BKSK Architects. Reading International (RDI) is the developer and Edifice Real Estate Partners is the owners representative. CNY Group is in charge of construction on the historic building, which overlooks Union Square.
New York Landmark Preservation Commission
One of the first in a slew of proposals to revamp pedestrian areas surrounding the New York Stock Exchange has landed in front of the Landmarks Preservation Commission. This phase of work pertains to the construction of new concrete seating and planters near the Fearless Girl sculpture, Federal Hall, and along the intersection of Broad and Wall Street.
Trader Joe’s, one of the New York City’s most beloved independent grocery chains, could soon open up shop in a recently vacated landmarked venue near the Manhattan onramp of the Queensboro Bridge at 405 East 59th Street. The application is currently under review by the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) which is expected to provide feedback on proposed upgrades to the building’s facçade and historic interior spaces.
The Landmark Preservation Commission recently granted unanimous approval for the construction of a single-story commercial building in DUMBO, Brooklyn. The property is located at 20 Old Fulton Street and will contain ARABICA Coffee’s first stateside coffee shop and a second, unconfirmed retail tenant.
The Landmarks Preservation Commission recently reviewed proposals from Fogarty Finger Architecture to renovate and expand existing retail area within the landmarked 15 Park Row tower in Manhattan’s Financial District. The structure was originally constructed in 1899, then converted in the early 2000s to accommodate rental apartments with ground-floor retail area.