Permits have been filed for a seven-story residential complex at 959 Sterling Place in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. The site includes an existing historic building, occupied by the Hebron Seventh-Day Adventist Bilingual School, originally built as the Methodist Episcopal Home for the Aged in 1889. The Romanesque/Gothic revivalist structure is within the Crown Heights North Historic District landmark and will require approval from the LPC. Matthew Cordivari of the Triton Construction Company is listed as behind the applications.
The 84-foot tall structure will yield 211,250 square feet, with 140,000 square feet dedicated to residential use, and 71,800 square feet for educational facilities. 201 apartments will be created, averaging 696 square feet apiece, indicating rentals. Whether or not any units will let as affordable has not been confirmed yet. Residents will have access to a recreation space, rooftop amenities lounge, storage, a fitness center, and a pool.
Morris Adjmi Architects will be responsible for the design.
Demolition permits have not been filed for the historic landmark, and the developer has told YIMBY that the extant structures will be kept intact. The filing will require LPC approval in a process that can take a year at best.