Development milestones were met on three major adaptive-reuse commercial projects in Ulster County, amounting to over 500,000 square feet of renewed commercial space two hours north of New York City.
“As New York’s first capital in 1777, Kingston has a rich history as a transportation and trade hub, and today, has become one of the state’s quickest growing metropolitans, especially with the recent trend of businesses relocating and migrating to Ulster County,” said Pat Ryan, Ulster County executive. “We are thrilled to announce the latest updates from various community-focused commercial developments in Kingston and throughout the county that will continue to create a people-centered economy as part of our Ulster 2040 Plan and reinvest in our local businesses and creative and artist community, many of which are in TV and film, agriculture, food and beverage, health and wellness, and clean energy industries.”
In Kingston, the second phase of construction was completed last month on the Fuller Building, a 42,000-square-foot structure at 40 Pine Grove Avenue, occupied by a wide range of small businesses. Work in this phase included the complete renovation of the 5,800-square-foot second floor into additional commercial retail space in the former shirt factory, originally built in 1847. In addition to office space, the building will have a professional photography studio, event space, and a museum on the local textile trades.
An investment group led by Duna Real Estate Group and Pioneer Realty Advisors recently acquired the Kingston Ulster airport commercial campus in the Town of Ulster. Located at 1151-1155 Flatbush Road, the 60,000-square-foot campus yields 14 acres adjacent to the Kingston-Ulster Airport. The site will see some major upgrades, however the complex’s amenities including radiant-heated floors make it ideal for light manufacturing or research firms, as well as its proximity to the major roads and the airport.
New activity could soon be coming to the former IBM Campus Enterprise West at 101-899 Enterprise Drive in Town of Ulster. The historic 400,000-square-foot facility stretches across 82 acres and was recently claimed by Ulster County to reuse and facilitate a destination hub inclusive of manufacturing, light industrial, educational, civic, cultural, office, recreational and/or residential components. After putting out a request, Ulster County recently received 22 responses of interest from biotechnology firms, incubator/accelerator programs, higher education institutions that could take revitalize the site, create jobs, and increase local tax revenue.