Proposals to redevelop and expand a 20’s-era Catholic School at 991 Saint Johns Place have again returned to the Landmark Preservation Commission following criticism from the city agency. Located in Crown Heights the Neo-Classical-style building was originally constructed in 1921 by architect Frank J. Helme.
Permits have been filed for a one-story commercial building at 5002 Flatlands Avenue, in Flatlands, Brooklyn. Located between Utica Avenue and East 51st Street, the corner site is situated directly on Flatlands Avenue. Subway access is limited, and the closest station is the Flatbush Avenue station serviced by the 2 train, is well over a mile away. David Koptiev of Gabriel Development Corp. is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Designed by Kossar + Garry Architects, new renderings offer a first look at the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Epiphany in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Positioned on a modest, interior lot at 716 Lincoln Place, the house of worship will rise two stories, with an additional cellar level below-ground as well as rooftop programming.
Fresh renderings from IMC Architecture reveal an elegant, new residential building at 421 Maple Street in East Flatbush, Brooklyn. The development will rise in place of an existing two-story, single family home.
The on-again, off-again development at One Sullivan Place in Prospect Park, Brooklyn appears to have again begun construction, and YIMBY has a first look at the new design.