Landmarks

560 Broadway

Reconfiguration, Upgrades Planned For Six-Story Commercial Building At 560 Broadway, SoHo

The Gural family is planning to reconfigure and make upgrades to their six-story, 122,454 square-foot commercial property at 560 Broadway, in SoHo, according to Crain’s. The building, built in 1890 and located within the SoHo-Cast Iron Historic District, will have its main entrance moved to Crosby Street. In the process, Converse – one of two ground-floor retail tenants – will gain 1,500 square feet of space and 30 feet of street frontage. In addition, two of the building’s four stairwells will be removed in exchange for elevators and 8,000 square feet of extra office space. The Landmarks Preservation Commission would have to approve the project, which would also rename the building to 100 Crosby Street. Rosen Johnson Architects is designing.




The Ford Foundation Building. Photo by Addison Godel/Flickr.

12-Story Ford Foundation Building At 320 East 43rd Street To Get Renovations, Midtown East

The Ford Foundation Building, located at 320 East 43rd Street, in Midtown East, will be getting a $190 million renovation, according to the New York Times. The 12-story, 287,500 square-foot office building, a city individual and interior landmark, was designed by Kevin Roche John Dinkello and Associates (KRJDA) and completed in 1968. It does not meet current-day building codes and the city is requiring its owners to install updates before 2019. In addition, the building’s office floors and suites will be modernized, and an art gallery, visitors’ center, and a 10th floor assembly space will be added. Gensler is designing the two-year renovation, and Raymond Jungles will be incorporating new indoor landscaping. The property is known for its unique 174-foot-high atrium and elaborate garden terraces.


Rendering of the proposal for 1375 Dean Street

Landmark House At 1375 Dean Street To Get Rehab and Conversion To Four Units

A landmark house in Crown Heights – a landmark that predates the historic district in which it now sits – will see new life, but with a split personality. On Tuesday, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the restoration and conversion of 1375 Dean Street, also known as the George B. and Susan Elkins House, from a single-family home to two two-unit townhouses within the same structure.

Read More

Fetching more...