The Bromley Companies have tapped Perkins Eastman Architects for a three-story, vertical addition to an existing 19th century building in Manhattan’s Flatiron neighborhood. Located at 122 Fifth Avenue between 17th and 18th Streets, the structure was originally completed in 1899 by architect Robert Maynicke and real estate developer Henry Corn.
Rice+Lipka Architects recently returned to New York City’s Landmarks Preservation Commission with revised proposals to modernize and expand the Choicirciati Cultural Center. Located at 64 East 4th Street in Manhattan’s East Village, the center functions primarily as a Latin American theatre and performance venue.
In a new proposal to the Landmarks Preservation Commission, JRA Design Group has introduced a revised design for 147 Felix Street, in Brooklyn. Located in the Brooklyn Academy of Music Historic District, the new three-story structure will rise from a long vacant lot on the corner of Hanson Place and St. Felix Street.
Developer Forman Ferry has proposed redeveloping an existing two-story structure with a new 11-story commercial office building with ground floor retail. Located at 29 Jay Street in the DUMBO Historic District, the project would require approvals from both the Landmark Preservation Commission and the City Planning Department to proceed. The agencies will specifically review the 150-foot proposed height of the building, which requires new zoning amendments, and how the exterior facade would impact the existing aesthetic of the surrounding neighborhood.
Pending LPC Approval, 405-409 West 13th Street could undergo a fresh renovation of its aging storefront, and a vertical enlargement from three to six stories.