A decade-old plan to redesign the wedge of land known as Peck Slip Park is now scheduled for review by the city’s Landmarks Preservation Commission. Located between South Street and Water Street in Manhattan’s Financial District, Peck Slip Park measures about .65 acres and is surrounded by a school, a hotel, a parking lot, and a Con Edison electrical facility.
Marvel Architects will again appear before the Landmarks Preservation Commission to present alterations to the Village Community School at 272 West 10th Street. The property was originally constructed in 1886 but has undergone a series of alterations dating back to 1945 and 2003.
Renovations to David Rockefeller’s old Upper East Side townhouse have been proposed before the city’s Landmarks Preservation Commission. Originally completed in 1924 by architects Treanor & Fatio, the residence is located at 146 East 65th Street and sits on the easternmost boundary of the Upper East Side Historic District.
Nashat Ibrahim of NM Architecture recently submitted proposals to the Landmarks Preservation Commission to facilitate the renovation an existing four-story building in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Located at 907 Saint Marks Avenue, the corner lot offers frontage on both Kingston Avenue and St. Marks.