Construction is rapidly ascending at 39 West 23rd Street, a 24-story, ground-up residential structure in the Flatiron District. Designed by COOKFOX Architects and developed by Anbau Enterprises, the project consists of two towers, one along West 23rd Street and a second superstructure at the back of the property. A central landscaped courtyard will sit between each reinforced concrete building.
The final steel beam was ceremoniously lifted into place for the addition on 150 Fifth Avenue in the Flatiron District, in an event attended by leaders of L&L Holding Company and OC Development Management (OCDM). More than 100 construction workers, designers, and engineers were also present for the dedication and signed their names on the beam. The expansion features a two-story, 35,000 square-foot rooftop structure, part of a multi-million-dollar renovation and modernization of the landmarked 11-story building. The entire property will become the new home for Mastercard. STUDIOS Architecture is the design firm behind the project.
JLL Capital Markets recently announced the successful acquisition of a $36.7 million loan to facilitate the construction of a new, mixed-use condominium building in Manhattan. Located on the border of Flatiron and Chelsea, the building’s official address is 128-130 West 23rd Street, and the project is already under construction.
When YIMBY last checked in on the site for 25 West 24th Street back in 2016, a 47-bed homeless shelter was in the works, proposed by the Department of Homeless Services (DHS). Now, a new rendering by Issac & Stern Architects has revealed the planned exterior for the project in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, which indicates a substantial change in plans. The new structure shown looks to stand 18 stories tall, and is located between 5th and 6th Avenue.
The Bromley Companies have tapped Perkins Eastman Architects for a three-story, vertical addition to an existing 19th century building in Manhattan’s Flatiron neighborhood. Located at 122 Fifth Avenue between 17th and 18th Streets, the structure was originally completed in 1899 by architect Robert Maynicke and real estate developer Henry Corn.