Full demolition permits have been filed for 4023 and 4037 Broadway, 600 West 170th Street, and 601 West 169th Street in Washington Heights. According to the filing, the four adjacent sites are owned by New York Presbyterian under Royal Charter Properties. The assemblage currently houses three mixed-use buildings with 13 residential units and 11 commercial units and was built in 1950.
Permits have been filed for a 13-story mixed-use building at 4037 Broadway in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Located at the intersection of Broadway and West 170th Street, the corner lot is a short walk to the south for the 168th Street subway station, serviced by the A and C trains and the 168th Street-Washington Heights station, serviced by the 1 train. New York-Presbyterian is listed as the owner behind the applications.
Construction has wrapped up at 606 West 57th Street, aka The Max, and the massive mixed-use rental complex is already making quite a dent in the Midtown Manhattan rental market. While leasing started just seven months about, over 80% of the 1,028 units are already occupied. TF Cornerstone is responsible for the development.
Construction is moving along for the 22-story residential building at 511 East 86th Street, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The project is in Yorkville, and is just two avenues away from the brand new 86th Street Subway Station, serviced by the Q trains. Sky Management is responsible for the development.
The West Side’s building boom has been nothing short of transformative over the past few years, resulting in two new residential buildings of over 1,000 units apiece. While The Moinian Group’s Sky opened in 2016, TF Cornerstone’s 606 West 57th Street is also closing in on the finish line. With leasing expected to begin in a few months, YIMBY has word that the tower has officially been named The Max, in honor of Max Elghanayan.